Wine Cellar and Wine Coolers
At Ribeirinha de Colares we use and sell Liebherr high tech wine cellars and coolers.
We have a set of the best wines from all Portuguese regions, fortified wines, champagnes, sauternes, spirits…
Special focus in our Colares Wine region, defined in 1908, which makes the second oldest wine region in Portugal. The vineyards are planted in the dunes between the hills of Sintra and the Atlantic Ocean, from Cabo da Roca until Magoito.
Colares is been connected to the wine for centuries, there are proofs that wine was produced in this region since the Roman Empire. After, in 1230, the King D. Afonso III, as a landlord, demanded the plantation of vines.
The region became well known by the end of the XIX century, most precisely in 1865, when the biggest threat of wine history arrived to Europe – Phylloxera. This tiny insect, original from the American Continent, was arriving to Europe alive when trips were shortened by the introduction of steam engines in boats.
The Colares’ vineyards were resistant to phylloxera due to roots’ deepness in the sand, 8 meters in some cases, where the insect could not reach.
Everywhere in Europe, except in this region, the use of the American plant (resistant to the insect) was adopted, grafted with European grape varieties.
Some of our best wines:
- Viúva Gomes Tinto 1999/2006 (50cl)
- Viúva Gomes Branco 2011 (50cl)
- Viúva Gomes Branco 1969 (65cl)
- Viúva Gomes Tinto 1931/34/65/67/69 (65cl)
- Barca Velha 1999
- Casa Ferreirinha Reserva 1989
- Duas Quintas Reserva Especial 1995
- Four C Quinta de Cabriz 2003
- Quinta das Marias Touriga Nacional Reserva 2005
- Pêra Manca 1998
- Herdade do Mouchão Tonel ¾1996/1999
- Quinta da Viçosa 2006 T/M, 2011T/C , 2001 S/T
- Quinta do Monte D´oiro Reserva 2000
- Aurius 2001
- Quinta de pancas Premiun 1999